Cleaning Stains from your Sofa
There are a number of different types of sofa materials available in the market. Some are wooden which has its own specific set of cleaning and protective procedures. On the other hand, most of the sofas you will find today are of upholstery material which requires a completely distinct cleaning and maintenance set to be adopted by the users for ensuring the longevity of their sofas or couches. They upholstery material sofas are immensely trending these days and are preferred by the majority of the users to enhance the looks and aesthetic appeal of their house. The upholstery material of the sofa can easily cause stains due to any reason. It may be because of some naughty children, whilst some adults too can accidentally spill the cup of their coffee or tea.
The procedure of removing the stains from your sofa
There are a number of steps that you need to perform if there is a case of stain or spot on your sofa. The following is a list of some of the most useful steps that you must adopt with full confidence in case of a stain or spot on your sofa:
- If your sofa gets a stain, then your response time is highly valuable for ensuring good results. Make sure that you blot the spill quickly by using a white cloth. Do not rub or scrub as you may worsen the situation by doing such an act.
- Always check the tag or the label which is usually attached at some corner or the base of your sofa. It has all the indications about the type of fabric and how you can clean it. Normally, it tells about what cleaners to use for the cleaning of your sofa. The cleaner can either be a water detergent or dry solvent.
- If you are not sure about the type of cleaner as there is no specific information available, then you can test a small area of the upholstery by using a certain cleaner over it.
- Most of the times, the stains are caused by different food and drink. The best way to remove such stains is to take a cup of soap cold soapy water. Lightly dab the stain by using a clean white cloth. Thoroughly blot the mixture until you are sure that it is absorbed by the upholstery fabric.
- The stains from berry can be very tough and it requires your extra care. You can follow the procedure discussed in the last step, but in the case of berries, replace the soapy water with an equal amount of vinegar.
- In case of the grease stains caused through gravy, margarine, butter or oil, sprinkle some soda over the stain and let it stay there for 15 minutes. After the said time has passed, then vacuum the stain area. Using a dry cleaning solvent to further treat the stain can also help.
How to Clean Stains from Jacquard Upholstery Fabric
Jacquard upholstery fabric is easily seen in most of the houses these days with their upholstery. It is a unique material and looks dapper in most of the furniture. Jacquard upholstery material is made from a range of fibres which include silk, cotton and wool, which enables the upholstery designers to create some awesome looking design patterns.
Some of the famous designs with such patterns include the tapestry, brocade and the damask. This material on a negative side has some serious cleaning problems. It is known to have bleeding or worn of problems which deteriorates its quality with time. The material can be cry cleaned but there are still some chances of the fabric to bleed.
Drawback of the jacquard fabric in cleaning
Jacquard upholstery fabric can be dry cleaned but it has its share of limitations as well. There are chances for the fabric to bleed during dry cleaning and it can lose its colour as well. Once it has lost its colour or has bleed, then there is no reversing for this issue. So you must be careful and should look for alternate methods as well if you are not looking to take the risk due to the value or cost of their material.
The fabric can also get shrink during wash and the material can be distorted. Distortion of the material can be controlled or avoided if you are not a very harsh or an aggressive cleaner. This type of fabric requires very careful cleaning methods to ensure the quality of the material during the cleaning process. The users are advised to refer to preconditioning and the less abrasive methods of cleaning to ensure the same quality of the material even after dry cleaning it.
How to clean stains from jacquard Upholstery fabric?
jacquard is a delicate upholstery fabric and requires extensive care during dry cleaning and even to remove the stains. Following are some of the steps that you can perform to remove stains from jacquard upholstery fabric:
- First of all you need to identify the nature of the stain on the jacquard upholstery. Once that is determined then you can go for some less abrasive and preconditioning cleaning methods to clean the stains from it.
- Always refer to the label attached with your jacquard fabric. It will have all the necessary and relevant instructions to perform the general cleaning and washing of the fabric.
- You must respond quickly to the fresh stains by using a clean white cloth to blot it in the first instance. It will help to refrain the stains from soaking deep inside into the fabric.
- After that takes some cold water and some high quality laundry detergent. Prepare a mixture of the two.
- Use a cloth to gently apply the solution to the stain.
- Rinse out the soap by applying a clean white cloth dipped in clear water and then let it dry.
How to clean stains from chenille upholstery
Many men and women prefer and use chenille upholstered cushions worldwide in our time. They are eager to invest in this genre of home furniture items as per their financial plan. However, they try to know how they can improve their efforts for cleaning chenille upholstery fabric efficiently. This is because they have failed in their previous efforts to clean chenille fabric upholstery with usual furniture cleaning methods. They have to decide on the cleaning method based on the fabric of their chenille upholstery. The most common fabrics used for chenille upholstery are as follows.
- A combination of above mentioned materials
Buy the best cleaning products
If you are willing to clean your upholstery furniture on your own, then you have to get the first-class
- Upholstery shampoo
- Soft towels
- Rubber gloves
- Vacuum brush attachment
- Vacuum cleaner
Do not forget to buy and use the upholstery shampoo recommended for hand cleaning and foam cleaning rather than steam machine. You have to make use of an ideal vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment for removing dirt and debris on the whole. This is advisable to clean hard to reach areas with proper care and the best suitable techniques. You will feel comfort while cleaning the upholstery furniture with detachable seat cushions or armrests.
You have to prepare the shampoo as per instructions after you put on rubber gloves. You can test the cleaning power of this shampoo by cleaning the small area at first. This is worthwhile to use a clean and also a dry sponge for applying the suds to each section of the upholstery furniture. You can do it until even covering of foam. You have to use a clean and soft towel for removing excess moisture and dirt in the upholstery furniture.
Keep your upholstery furniture clean
There are many ways to clean chenille upholstery fabric within a few couple of minutes. On the other hand, you have to find out the most suitable upholstery fabric cleaning method and maintain your chenille upholstery as new as possible. You will be satisfied with a wide range of upholstery fabric cleaning products and instructions online. Be conscious on how you clean each part of your furniture and keep it attractive from top to bottom on a regular basis.
Many individuals full a small cup with cold water and a high quality detergent recommended for cleaning the chenille fabric furniture. They dip a white cloth in this solution and dab it on each stain available in the fabric of their furniture. They do not rub and scrub the fabric of the furniture. This is because they know these harsh cleaning activities damage the material and worsen the stains on the fabric. They let the fabric dry after they have completed the cleaning in a proper way. As a result, they get the most expected support to keep their furniture as clean as possible.